1 April 2011

Welcome To My First Public Blog - @fetuswinning

In making a plan to end the lifelong suffering of children and adults with Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorder (FASD), I am in effect, healing some of my own wounds. But that's just a happy byproduct. My motivation wasn't me. My motivation came from the reading and studying of this terrible umbrella of syndromes where passitivity and lack of government support and progress is still preventing, prevention.


Yes, where love, compassion and empathy is essential to the mom, the dad and the rest of the family, and where it is always hard to have real discussions about it, and where millions of articles exist on the topic, I plead, where is the good sense when yet today in Canada alone over 26,000 new babies this year will have a form of FASD? That does not include those that go undetected. Of the four forms, none are better than the other. They are all brain injuries and sometimes include physical deformities or physical anomilies. Where a jet fighter, an olympic gold medalist, or a marine biologist could have been born, instead a child is born that will likely end up in a federal prison. At least 35% do. That's just the beginning. This is our Canada. We are far behind many countries in this regard and we should be ashamed.

Knowing our current prevention plans are simply not working, I look to other plans that do work. I find interesting ideas in health care, in crime and prevention, I look to think tanks and brainstormers and then on a day of deep consideration I subscribe to a piece of my own vision and see how they can work in unison to stop, or at least curb down the rate of FASD.

My vision is called, "The Safe Pregnancy Vision," and the organization that will put it all into action will be "Fetuses Against FASD", once my ball starts to roll. It is the culmination of my work and it keeps getting better because I am beginning to think bigger and bigger. And I realize that the bigger I think, the more possible all of this can be, not for me, but for fetuses and families all over the world.

I have ARND, Alcohol-Related Neurodevelopmental Disorder (part of FASD - the largest numbers) and it affects my whole body. I'll get into the differences in another blog but sufficient to say, I still have created a dream, studied the facts, compiled relavent information, implemented them into a strategy and can finally create many forums from which I can share it. But, put me in power with a $1,000,000 in my soon-to-be-made-real endeavor, and I will cut all FASD in half saving the government (taxpayers) 70 million in aftercare every year according to our stat above.

Listen with me and follow me wherever I go on the Web, on TV, in future events and races, not just to the finish, but to finish off our greatest national problem. It's all coming. The interesting part for me is that I don't know when the big bang will happen. I really do expect 1,000,000 dollars. I know it's out there.

Am I lobbying for money? Damn right I am. I'm on disability. I want lottery winners, philanthropists, corporations and our Government - what the hell, Sir Phil Collins who has an FASD child could supply it - to step up to the FASD plate and help us engeander a genuinely realistic and workable plan. That's what I'm talkin' about. You too Charlie Sheen. Want your face out there so much? When you're done with Japan, give to me. I can show you winning.


Let the fetus do its job of becoming your baby.

No Booze. No Drugs. Being Real.


Comment Below...

No comments:

Post a Comment