17 November 2011

Post 5 - How Badly FAS Childrens Brains Are Compromised

THIRTEENTH IN A SERIES by BRUCE RITCHIE                                                                Hunger strike below...
OBJECTIVE: To estimate the incidence of FASD.


We will be looking at the six major regions of the brain that give FASD babies the lives they have never asked for. They are: Frontal Lobes, Corpus Callosum, Hippocampus, Hypothalamus, Cerebellum, Basal Ganglia.


Hippocampus

The hippocampus plays a fundamental role in memory, learning, and emotion.
Neurobehavioral studies show that animals exposed prenatally to alcohol are impaired in many of the same spatial learning and memory tasks sensitive to hippocampal damage.

The hunger strike is going...that's about it. Rain, eating every 4th day. Rice with veggies. Maybe 3 beers. Start over tomorrow. Like smoking, the first day is always the worst. But then you forget you have a stomach (or you remember that you do) and think about the goal, the issue. And you think it's neat that you're doing it. Cause you don't know anyone else who has ever done that for FASD. I went into Hedy fry's office today because I always want to make my presence known. Well I asked Steve, "the chief," if he's seeing my blogs. He said' "I hope you're eating something." "Hedy's a doctor you know." Then I told steve my eating plan. Rice and mixed vegetables. I mentioned, "I kinda have to be here anyway, don't I?" Smiles. It's never wasted time to visit Hedy Fry's office with her friends working hard there. Peace! Healthy babes.


No comments:

Post a Comment