21 November 2011

MADD’s At IT and So Am I

News Article - MADD: I can’t copy a story directly this time but I can reveal what I remember about it. It was about a person who was a quadriplegic looking out a window at his girlfriend and best friend kissing in the park. One person, from Vancouver did not agree with the ad because he related that quadriplegics can have love too. The ad does not sit well with para or quadriplegics but most would agree to let the ad remain simply because of the image, not their personal lives.


The article did not say this but I will: Though it is sad and to a few, offensive, the goal of the ad is too strengthen an idea: drinking and driving, if it doesn’t kill you, can cause life long damage.

That’s an idea not far from my idea about alcohol (not the mothers) making monsters on my blog at: http://fetuswinning.blogspot.com/2011/11/if-you-have-faint-heart-dont-look.html. Or, babies could also die from alcohol.

So here is a Christmas ad from me before the Government Liquor Store rush begins:


As you need to be aware, drinking can permanently impair or kill in either instance.
Here now, I know for a fact that MADD ads are for the most part geared towards men. I can handle that because it is fact, even though there are also women offenders.

I also know for a fact that my FASD ads are for the most part geared towards women. I can handle that too because there are also male offenders. The pressure from men on pregnant women help persuade, even insist that, to a women, a drink is OK tonight, or a different night. Also, male sperm from a heavy drinker, as detected and proven again and again, can also impair the fetus. I don’t mean “drunk” impair. I mean “cell growth and cell damage” impair.

In both cases we (MADD, FAFASD) are not the bullies here. The drinkers are. We must never forget that difference. We must never forget that the reminders are out there and that they should remain out there. And like MADD, in this desensitised world, my ads also need to be more shocking to really grab the attention of the problem of drinkers whether pregnant or behind the wheel of a car. Men and Women. Women and Men. Both have the potential to maim or kill by alcohol. 

No comments:

Post a Comment